“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?”Martin Luther King, Jr
Without a focus on building up others, DisruptivNation would have limited value. This service was created with the function of providing access to all to achieve their dreams. In addition to operating this page, creating tool guides, and mentoring – the team regularly volunteers to impact the community.
Current & Past Projects
Community service and professional development of self and others are core tenants of DisruptivNation.
A few of the projects we’re currently engaged in,
- Establishment of community libraries throughout region
- Mentor middle school aged kids on STEM subjects through construction of community libraries, trebuchet, gardens, robots, and problem solving skills.
- Design critique for local university capstone projects
- Small group facilitator for University of Illinois Innovation Leadership Program
- Provide tours of manufacturing facilities to middle and high school students